Instead of removing the upload/compute field and making a separate table
for that.. Is this something a virtual field can be used for?

I'm still trying to read more on virtual fields and gain an understanding
but essentially the compute field will call onto a class which is being
passed the rows, and initializing an array so that each instance of the
form fields are appended for that session ..I would have to make some kind
of check for when the array is filled for the session and then I'd be able
to do my file insert portion... Then and only then will there be an upload.
This makes me feel like there definitely needs to be a separate table for
the uploads so then I question the virtual field idea....

If any of this makes sense of what I'm trying to accomplish, any advice
would help!