I fill an empty array with form values in a single view,
how am I able to pass this array into a new view so that I can do what I
want with the values in the new controller after the form is submitted?

I try doing something like the following within my controller containing
the form:

if form.process().accepted:
redirect(URL('default', 'nextstep', 'vals=vals')

where vals is the array that I filled from that view, this gives me a
ticket saying global variable vals is not defined when I try using it in
the nextstep controller...so I am not passing it correctly.

def nextstep():
return dict(vals=vals)

P.S. This array is filled a specific way after the values are acquired from
form.vars so this is why I need to figure out how to pass the new array
*vals* into a new controller..