This is working, I am able to upload a file containing information from the
session, but when I try displaying SQLFORM.grid in the next view, it says
no records found..but the upload was successful because the file is in my
uploads folder. So I think I am doing something wrong with my referencing
in the second table. I want to the file to upload according to the value
from the session of field "number"

I do the upload like this:

controller:

def upFile():
    vars = request.vars
    arrvars = [] //i sort the form.vars and fill them in this array
    //i open a file and insert values from array into it
   * db.formfile.form1_file.store(file, 'form1file.xlsx')*
    //then i redirect to next controller to display sqlform grid
    return dict(arrvars=arrvars)

def form1files():
    grid = SQLFORM.grid(db.myfile)
    return locals()

Any idea as to why this would be occurring? Thank you