I was just asking because trying to identify any issues without any code is
a pretty daunting task. Technically the scheduler uses only what python
provides to spawn subprocesses, and they ususally are spawned on the same
interpreter.... but I don't use 2.6 since .... ever so I really don't
recall if there are/have been outstanding issues with it.

What does happen if you launch the scheduler process manually ? does it
happen too ?