when you do

web2py.py -S .....

you're starting a process that presents a shell with the web2py
environment: it doesn't serve any web pages

in fact, "-S" stands for "shell".

if you want the queue to be executed, it's correct to start it with -S but
you must start ANOTHER process for serving the web part, i.e. web2py.py -a
'<recycle>' -i 127.0.0.1 -p 8000