The approach in the book for one form for multiple tables works well for
create forms:
http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/07/forms-and-validators#One-form-for-multiple-tables

I have not found a good method for view or update forms.

I have a model:

db.define_table('buyer', Field('auth_user', 'reference auth_user', ...)
db.define_table('seller', Field('auth_user', 'reference auth_user', ...)

Each buyer is associated with one user and each seller is associated with
one user.  I'd like to have one form to view and edit each buyer and seller
that includes their user profile.

I've tried variations of
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/web2py/sqlform.factory$20edit/web2py/fvzIHyN7eP4/ZixpDiTl1GUJ
and