pythonanywhere has a totally different set of limits but if you choose a
PaaS, you don't get to worry about nitty gritty details .

you're right, the book is an optimal candidate for caching and if you see
its code it's actually cached everywhere .... although the book isn't a
good example because it never had a database in the first place