Hi,

I have been watching web2py for some time and really like it. I have worked
through a few basic examples but this is my first "real" project. I am
looking at making a simple Log manager, where I have a python listener that
parses incoming logs and then loads them into the database and then use
web2py as the front end. I would like to use the DAL as it then makes
migration between databases much easier if I need more performance etc.

>From reading this list and the book it would appear that I should spawn the
listener using the scheduler as this exposes the db instance etc but I am
really feeling my way and unsure if the scheduler is more for kicking off
specific tasks that run and then stop or if something that will sit and run
for ever is OK.

Any pointers on how to achieve this would be gratefully received.

regards

Gavin