Anthony,
thank you for this comment - I have supposed so.

Yes, these parts should be removed. In a few months I will give a lecture
on Python and web2py. Of course I will suggest to use neither the jqmobile
plugin nor the shell. But I think it is a little bit confusing for
beginners to see parts of web2py which do not work or are not state of the
art.