Basically, you need to have mod_wsgi properly configured and you need to
create an appropriate apache virtual host for your domain. There were
threads here about this before and the above mentioned CentOS 7 script has
this covered in a certain way, so you can look into it for ideas. Generic
mod_wsgi how-to's on the internet should also give you a good starting
point, web2py doesn't need anything that special in this regard. I suggest
working on getting you custom apache and custom python working together
with the use of mod_wsgi first, this is the crucial part.

There are other ways of running web2py under apache (apart from mod_wsgi)
but this is probably the most well documented approach when it comes to
apache and python in general. And it's really not that bad either.

Btw, is there any chance you could switch to CentOS 7 and use apache and
python provided by the OS? That would simplify your sysadmin life a lot.

Regards

On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 12:09:24 PM UTC+2, Rahul wrote:

> Hey LightDot,
>            Thats correct I have manually installed Apache2. However I also
> have python2.7.11(I guess that is the latest one) installed in other
> directory .  Both python 2.6.6 and 2.7.11 co-exist separately. I have
> followed instructions to make sure I dont mess up the original
> distribution. Now for #3 - What instructions do I have to follow to achieve
> it. That is just what I can go but dont know my options. I am the root user
> so I can install other packages. Please suggest
>
> Thanks Rahul
>
> On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 3:19:14 PM UTC+5:30, LightDot wrote:
>>
>> Go for 3.
>>
>> Two caveats:
>> - apache installed in /usr/local/apache2 is not a part of CentOS
>> distribution. It must have been installed manually at some point
>> - if you're using python provided by the OS, you'll be stuck on this last
>> version of web2py. Web2py > 2.14.6 isn't python 2.6 compatible anymore.
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 8:29:50 AM UTC+2, Rahul wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks! Dave. That section deals with centOS7,  I will check nginx
>>> section and try to make it work for me. Starting the web2py manually with
>>> nohup command over my public IP works but that would have a port where I
>>> would need to access it. I want a cleaner way to make it work
>>> automatically.
>>> 1. Start web2py automatically as a service ? and