Aside from forking the framework, I suppose you could take one of these
approaches:

   1. Monkey patch gluon.utils.simple_hash.
   2. Subclass validators.CRYPT and validators.LazyCrypt, and in LazyCrypt,
   replace the __str__ method with one that calls a custom simple_hash
   function.
   3. Create an entirely new custom hashing validator that replicates the
   algorithm used by the other app.

Anthony