I'm a bad boy and still using the Rocket server that comes with web2py.
Today I ran into an interesting case.  My client code sends a dump file to
the server using a POST command.  On linux systems, this completes in a
reasonable amount of time, gets the result (json string), and both sides
are happy.  On several Windows systems, the client reports all done, and is
happy, but the server logs don't have anything and the file doesn't show
up.  [tick tick tick ... time passes] Oh, yes there is something!
Everything now looks good, except that web2py.log has this from Rocket:

2016-06-16 22:10:34,846 - Rocket.Errors.Thread-5 - ERROR - Unhandled Error
when serving connection:
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/home/ec2-user/web2py/web2py-2.14.6/gluon/rocket.py", line 1337, in
run
    self.run_app(conn)
  File "/home/ec2-user/web2py/web2py-2.14.6/gluon/rocket.py", line 1851, in
run_app
    self.write(data, sections)
  File "/home/ec2-user/web2py/web2py-2.14.6/gluon/rocket.py", line 1766, in
write
    self.send_headers(data, sections)
  File "/home/ec2-user/web2py/web2py-2.14.6/gluon/rocket.py", line 1750, in
send_headers
    self.conn.sendall(b(header_data))
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 228, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Timeout seems to be on the order of an hour.  Linux client code uses
libcurl, and Windows client code uses Winsock.
The above clip is from web2py-2.14.6 running on an AWS server, from the zip
file which has Rocket 1.2.6.

Is this an issue with Rocket, or with Winsock, or each playing to the
other's weakness?  When I finally move to nginx, will these errors go away?

/dps