But what if my Ubuntu server is already setup for Apache. Do I have to
abandon or *uninstall* Apache?

I don't have any experience with nginx. *Do I have learn nginx*, or will
the setup-web2py-nginx-uwsgi-ubuntu.sh script *do everything for me* (I
presume that's what one-step deployment means)?

Thanks.