On Saturday, June 18, 2016 at 5:47:42 AM UTC-7, DNeuman wrote:

> I thought I had the same problem, so followed the advice - I have done
> this, and now get the error:
>
> OperationalError: table auth_user already exists
>
> This came about after Web2py ate all my memory and crashed overnight...so I
> am not really sure what is happening here. Any further suggestions? Also, I
> looked, and found that the file
>
> c8b66..._auth_user.table does not exist. So I don't really thing the user
> table already exists. Any thoughts what remains broken? What to try next?
> Thanks.

It is very unusual for web2py to eat up all the memory.  I think at this
point we need to know more about what your environment is (OS, version
info,  what database engine, etc).

/dps

> On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 12:09:12 PM UTC-7, Niphlod wrote:
>>
>> stop web2py, drop the databases/*_auth_user.table file, set
>> fake_migrate_all=True on the DAL connection, start web2py, hit the appadmin
>> page (which should trigger recreation of all *.table files), remove
>> fake_migrate_all statement from the DAL connection.
>>
>> On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 4:01:20 PM UTC+2, reddyreddy wrote:
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me?
>>>
>>> Iam getting runtime error auth_user.table appears corrupted.
>>> Iam not sure why it is appearing. Here are my not tables.
>>>

>>> db = DAL("sqlite://storage.sqlite")
>>> from gluon.tools import Auth
>>> auth = Auth(db)
>>> auth.define_tables(username=True)
>>> db.define_table('problem',
>>> Field('title', unique=True),
>>> Field('body', 'text'),
>>> Field('file','upload'),
>>> Field('ori_file',readable=False, writable=False),
>>> Field('outputfile','upload'),
>>> Field('created_on', 'date', default=request.now, readable=False,
>>> writable=False),
>>> Field('Due date','date'),
>>> Field('status', readable=False, writable=False))
>>>

>>> db.define_table('submission',
>>> Field('name', requires=[IS_NOT_EMPTY(), IS_ALPHANUMERIC()]),
>>> Field('email', requires=[IS_NOT_EMPTY(), IS_EMAIL()]),
>>> Field('file','upload', requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY()),
>>> Field('status', readable=False,writable=False),
>>> Field('posted_on', 'date', default=request.now, readable=False,
>>> writable=False),