On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 5:56:04 AM UTC-7, Anthony wrote:

> "navbar" is not an Auth action, so doesn't go in actions_disabled. It is
> just a method that produces an HTML helper to generate the Auth navbar
> menu. It is inserted in the view via {{=auth.navbar}} in the layout, so
> just remove it if you don't want it.
>
> Anthony

It's amazing what happens when one remembers to permit js on one's page.
When I looked yesterday, I didn't have a login menu ... because it uses
js.  Since I have a decorator for login, that wasn't a problem ... the
redirect turned up the login page as expected.

The latest layout.out has a slightly more complicated navbar expression to
allow an application not to use auth at all, and navbar has a mode option,
but it was still easy to find., and I had no trouble commenting out the
line inside the double brackets.

My previous note isn't completely wasted, though, as that allows me to
logout (for completeness, note that I use URL('default', 'user', 'logout')
for that item.)

Slightly off-topic:   After logout, the login form appears again, but with
the form filled with old values (I don't check "Remember me").  Clearing
the browser cache didn't seem to change this.  Are these values in the
browser somewhere other than the cache, or are they filled by web2py from
the session?  The humorous part of this is that the remembered values are
incorrect, so they don't log me in.

/dps