I do not think the question as posed has an answer and most people who have
a naive understanding of data security will answer no: it is not a good
idea to store data with different levels of classification in the same
place.

I disagree. Who is in charge on enforcing access control? The app is.
Nobody else can be in charge of this. So the real question is: is the app
good enough to satisfy the access control requirements for the highest
level of classification? If so, I do not see a problem in applying the same
high standard to lower classification by storing all documents in the same
place.

Keeping the data separate makes logging and monitoring of access easier.
But that is all.

Massimo