I am doing the following to pass the javascript variable from the view to
the controller:
######default/rough2.html

{{extend 'layout.html'}}

<script>

var x=document.getElementById("demo");
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    geolocation();
})

function geolocation()  {
    if (navigator.geolocation) {
        navigator.geolocation.getCurrentPosition(showPosition);

    } else {
        x.innerHTML = "Geolocation is not supported by this browser.";
    }
}

function showPosition(position) {
    var lat = position.coords.latitude;
    var lon= position.coords.longitude;

    ajax('{{=URL('default','rough3')}}'+'?lat='+lat+'&lon='+lon,[],':eval');
}

</script>

#####rough3() function
def rough3():
    lat1=request.vars.lat
    lon1=request.vars.lon

But it is "not getting redirected to rough3.html".I do not understand
why?Please help me with this.I am really troubled with this.