thanks Niphlod and Luis. It was always unclear to me how, where, and if
possible, to install packages. So that helps my long-term understanding a
lot.

For the time being, can anyone please remind me how to extract the bad word
without braces in controller below?

def clean_bad_words(original_text):
    bad_words =
open(os.path.join(request.folder,'static','bad_words.txt')).readlines()
    bad_word_is = None
    for line in bad_words:
        splitted = line.split()
        if splitted[0] in original_text:
            bad_word_is = splitted[0]
    return dict (bad_word_is = bad_word_is)

def testing():
    original_text = '****'
    new_words_is = clean_bad_words(original_text)
    return dict(new_words_is = new_words_is)

this below is diplayed instead of just the word (****): Would like it
without the braces and quotes.
{'bad_word_is': '****'}