Sorry for long reply delay. I subscribed to messages in this thread,
but didn't recieved any notifications for some reason.
Yes, I found this debugging solution very handy. It could be
transparent for newbie, but useful for experienced user.
Group user ceej discovered another logging Firefox extension,
FirePython:
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/4629c3984a66cb07
I will check this out and will try to produce some code for merging
with web2py trunk and a bit of documentation.