Hello,

I have an high customized SQLFORM.factory() form... I set default value for
the update form for which I have no problem with values types as they get
out of the database... But in case I want to emulate keepvalue feature with
this form I need to pass value to request.vars which I need to set as
default... The problem is that all value are string when I get them and I
need to populate many fields and would greatly prefer not have to handle
each fields manually one by one but instead do it dynamically so if I had
field to the table I don't have to add it... So I am searching a way to
convert appropriately value for each field type... I could use the approach
proposed in the answer accepted hear
:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7402573/use-type-information-to-cast-values-stored-as-strings

I there surely such a thing in the web2py internal... I thought
_filter_fields() would do it, but it only filter field that are member of a
table, it doesn't act over the value of the field... I thought of using
requires/validator, but I am not sure how to use them.

Thanks

Richard