Hello,

To cut a long explanation, I have the following:

MS-SQLServer <-> FreeTDS <-> unixODBC <-> pyODBC <-> DAL

The database is in Latin1
The FreeTDS configuration adds
client charset = UTF-8

Before putting "charset = UTF-8" had throughout the application encodes and
decodes to make it work well, but after putting it magically everything
works fine.

At some point, I think when we update the web server (hardware and software
versions), it began to malfunction with non-ASCII characters.

Specifically today I have:
- All readings to database work fine, the characters show good
- This fails:
    sql = "INSERT INTO T_UTF8 (name) values ('Ñandú')"
    db.executesql(sql)
    Result: �andú

- This work fine:
    sql = *u*"INSERT INTO T_UTF8 (name) values ('Ñandú')"
    db.executesql(sql)
    Result: Ñandú

- This fails:
    tb_t_utf8.insert(name='Ñandú')
    Result: �andú

- And if inserted from a form also fails

[*] With that fails I mean that inserts the record but with rare characters.
[**] All html files are in utf8

Best Regards
Jose