Hi people.

Short question: is there a way to run unit tests for my web2py controllers
from PyCharm?

I am running the latest web2py with version:  2.14.6-stable

What i found out so far:

There is an approach to run unit tests from command line. Following this
blogpost: http://web2py.com/AlterEgo/default/show/260 i am able to run a
unit test for my controller. BUT just for convinience i want to let my IDE
manage those tests (i.e. start them and show me the results in a PyCharming
way).

To let PyCharm run a unit test, you have to create a new run/debug
configuration, you have to enter the location of a unit test script, to run
it directly. PyCharm does some thing with "utrunner.py" (unit_test_runner?).
I tried to give the run/debug configuration the path to web2py.py and as
parameter the "--shell=<myApp> --import_models --run=my_script.py" thing.
But unfortunately the "utrunner.py" needs well formatted unit test scripts.

Prior to the mentioned blogpost, there was another approach to run unit
tests for web2py
controllers: http://www.web2py.com/AlterEgo/default/show/213
Unfortunately, as mentioned in the other post, going that way, my
controller action is not able to see the db :-(

Fazit:
Does anybody know a way how to run unit tests for my web2py controllers
from PyCharm?
Or
Does anybody know how to run a unit test for my web2py controllers directly
from command line (without web2py.py) and how can i pass a DAL object to
the environment of my controller?

Many thanks in advance and greetings from Berlin

Roman