This is tricky. Write operations (as well as the details view) are disabled
with groupby because the rows in the grid do not necessarily represent
individual records. Of course, that shouldn't necessarily preclude adding
new records, but from a user perspective, we have to think of what is meant
by "Add" in the context of a table that is displaying aggregated data
rather than individual records. Are you adding a new row to the grid (which
doesn't quite make sense) or a new individual record to the table used to
generate the grid (sensible, but maybe not as clear)?

I don't have a strong opinion, but I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to
at least allow the developer the option of enabling create with groupby. In
that case, though, we might have to default to create=False for backward
compatibility.

Feel free to file a Github issue and refer to this thread.

Anthony