Hi!

Is it possible to set values to be inserted/updated to fields in an SQLFORM
programatically?

The documentation
(http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/07/forms-and-validators#The-process-method)

says:

> However, if you assign a value to form.vars.field, this value *will* be
> part of the insert or update when the form is processed. This enables you
> to change the value of fields that for some reason you do not wish to
> include in a form.

The question is where do I access this variable form? I have tried both
after form = SQLFORM... and after form.process()...and even in the
onvalidation function... but I can't see the fields being updated.
Furthermore: how can I update a *list:reference* in this way?

*Note*, I would like to do this specifically for the instance of the
SQLFORM rather than using the database before_insert/update lists.