Computed fields are not stored in the database so I don't think you can do the
sort of query you are trying to do.  The computed field is only useful once you
have a row set to work with.  My understanding of this is that you need to run
the queries against the latitude and longitude fields you are storing.  That
way you can get basic indexing of lat and longitude but not the combination
unless you use a database with geospatial features.  It's a bit more work on
building the query but you should be fine to join the comments into your main
query

Donald