Hello,

I'm new to programming and Web2Py.

I am using pythonanywhere.com (web2py 2.14.6) and editing the existing
'welcome' application

When I make a new function in default.py, foo(), and call it without
explicitly making a view default/foo.html it does not seem to use the
generic.html view.

Instead I get a page that says "invalid view (default/foo.html)"

The videos I'm watching as a tutorial are a few years old, but they all
indicate that the generic view should be applied, but that does not seem to
be happening.

Also thanks to Massimo and all the Web2Py community, I've tried a few other
languages and frameworks, and Web2Py is by far the least frustrating!

Thanks,
Emanuel