On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 1:37:34 AM UTC-5, Jurgis Pralgauskis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I guess, SQLFORM.grid  is in sqlhtml.py, so this is not pydal stuff?
> https://github.com/web2py/pydal/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=grid
>
> so I submitted to web2py repo
> https://github.com/web2py/web2py/issues/1553

Your proposal is to create Field.Expression (Field is a pydal object),
which can be assigned as an attribute of a DAL Table object, so it is
definitely "pydal stuff". For now, though, I suppose we can leave the issue
with web2py, as there could be other ways of allowing expressions in the
grid without modifying the DAL -- but if you are really interested in this
particular API, then ultimately the issue goes with pydal.

Anthony