The idea is to make a pytest plugin, that would allow to run unit_test,
webclient and splinter (webclient with javascript enabled UI) tests.
I have a version working (see branch master of the aforementioned github
project, and the README.md) , but which is still too much coupled with the
application.
The goal is to have an independent plugin, with as little constraint on the
application as possible. See the branch pytest_plugin
<https://github.com/matclab/pytest-web2py.wip/tree/pytest_plugin> for first
development steps.