I have a straight-forward controller function for entering the primary data:

def index():
    """
    """
    response.flash = T("Hello World")
    form = SQLFORM(db.QuarterMaster)
    form.vars.PostDate = str(request.now.year) + "-" + str(request.now.month
) + "-" + str(request.now.day)
    if form.process().accepted:
        form.vars.PostDate = request.vars.PostDate
        response.flash = T("Thank you!")
    elif form.errors:
        response.flash = T("Please correct the errors in the form")
    else:
        response.flash = T("Please fill out the form")
    return dict(form=form)

The intial display of the form shows the current date correctly (give or
take a leading 0), but after submission the PostDate field is empty.  I
would like to have it default to what was used the previous time through,
but it appears that value is dropped after the accepted branch.  What do I
need to do?

It does not work to replace the top part with:

    form = SQLFORM(db.QuarterMaster)    if request.vars.PostDate:
      form.vars.PostDate = request.vars.PostDate
    else:
      form.vars.PostDate = str(request.now.year) + "-" + str(request.now.
month) + "-" + str(request.now.day)
    if form.process().accepted:
        # here was form.vars.PostDate = request.vars.PostDate

Thanks.

Dave
/dps