Thanks for your reply!

I did as you said and reverted back to a version without the new field,
turned fake_migrate_all on like :
"db = DAL(myconf.get('db.uri'),
             pool_size = myconf.get('db.pool_size'),
             #migrate_enabled = myconf.get('db.migrate'),
             check_reserved = ['all'],
             fake_migrate_all=True)
"
Still, the same problem. I am only having problems with the controllers
that is using the problematic table, but I am no longer requesting the new
field which should not exist in this version. For some reason the field is
never removed from the file in the databases folder. If I'm correct these
files should not be removed though?

Any thoughts on how I could resolve this?