I've written an app that is quite involved, and it has gotten very slow as
I add code to it. I would like to see what goes on behind the scenes (like
what function was invoked, what variables were passed to the function, and
if possible, the time it takes to run), so that I don't have the code doing
unnecessary stuff.

Is there a way to do that with web2py without having to go into each
function / Class method to include a logging device?

Thank you.