Hi

I have a search form where the user types in generic search text.  I want
to be able to return to them a list of matching users.

Sample Data

  First       Last
- ----------  ----------
1 Jim         Sanders
2 Bill        Van Der Wall
3 John        St James
4 Peter       Williams
5 Jim         Hensen
6 John        Adams
7 William     Tell
8 Adam        Johnson

Based on the data entered in the search box, these records should be
returned

  Search Text      Rows Returned
- ---------------- ------------------
1 Jim              1, 5
2 John             3, 6, 8
3 Adam             6, 8
4 Bill             2
5 Jim Sanders      1
6 Adam John        8
7 John St James    3

I can't seem to come up with a query or anything to make this happen.  With
SQL I might to this:

'SELECT * FROM auth_user WHERE first_name LIKE \'%s*\' OR last_name LIKE
\'%s*\' OR concat(first_name, ' ', last_name) LIKE \'%s*\'' % (search_text,
search_text, search_text)

But, I want to build this as a query for SQLFORM.grid.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Jim