I completely agree, and I have warned to the sysadmin, but is not my network, so...

Greetings.

El 09/03/17 a las 12:26, Richard Vézina escribió:
Hello Carlos,

auth_ldap is difficult to put in place because as you mention it doesn't provide proper feedback when something goes wrong...

Note: If you access localhost instance of LDAP it may be ok to not use SSL protected service, but other than that you want to use 636 port (if I recall) and SSL protected connection, or the username and password can be access in clear text by sniffing the network...

Richard