On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 6:35:12 AM UTC-8, Gael Princivalle wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I can see my worker in putty with:
>  ps -u tasko w
> 16975 ?        S     37:34 /usr/local/bin/python2.7
> /home/tasko/webapps/w2p_2_14_16/web2py/web2py.py -K mtbconnection
>
> In the db:
> wf-31-170-123-65.webfaction.com#16975
> Status active.
> Last hartbeat 09/03/2017 21:32:18
> Worker stats {"status": "ACTIVE", "errors": 0, "workers": 1, "queue": 0,
> "empty_runs": 7, "sleep": 3, "distribution": {"main": {"workers": [{"c": 0,
> "name": "wf-31-170-123-65.webfaction.com#16975"}]}}, "total": 43141}
>
> How an active worker can be active, present as a process in putty and have
> a last hartbeat from hours ago?
> Of course all the tasks don't run.
>
> I would like to have more reliability with these workers.
>
> Can someone give a hand?
>
> Thanks, regards.

Gael --

from your series of posts on the scheduler, it seems you have problems the
rest of us don't.  I can't tell you if that's because you're doing
something wrong, or you're pushing the boundaries of the scheduler.  I can
give you basics of using the scheduler from the consuming code point of
view, and Niphlod has the deep incites (and code ownership).
Or maybe you're expecting something outside of what the scheduler provides
(wrong assumptions, misunderstanding features, or a use-case not
anticipated).

Can you put together a minimal app that demonstrates how you use the
scheduler, and that reproduces your problems?  Give us (Him) a link to
that.  Also, document your platform environment (OS, version, Python
version, DB version, etc).

Good luck!

/dps