Let me add that only one chapter needs to be added the book (about web
services) and two chapters need minor revisions. Aside for that all
new features are stable and described in the book. If I get some help
with proofreading and screenshots I can have a web2py book 2nd edition
in by the end of July, mid August at most.

Then nobody can say the docs do not keep pace with development.

Massimo