Hello,

I'm using wavesurfer in a site, so have included it at the bottom of
layout.html.

<!-- The javascript -->
<script src="{{=URL('static','js/bootstrap.min.js')}}"></script>
<script src="{{=URL('static','js/web2py-bootstrap3.js')}}"></script>
<script
src="http://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/wavesurfer.js/1.0.52/wavesurfer.min.js";></script>

But then one of my views has javascript code to setup a wavesurfer player.
This is currently included at the bottom of the view - note that it
includes some web2py expressions to populate variables.

<!-- The javascript =============================== -->
<script type="text/javascript">
   var wavesurfer = WaveSurfer.create({
     container: '#waveform',
   });
  wavesurfer.load("{{=URL('static', record.static_filepath)}}");
</script>

It doesn't work, but I think for the simple reason that the script in the
view is included ahead of the scripts loaded in the layout (the contents of
the view all gets stuck inside {{include}} in the layout, right?). If I put
copy those layout javascript lines into the view ahead of my local inline
script, then it works. However, I don't think I want pages loading the same
javascript twice, so now I have to load those javascript files at the end
of every view.

Is there a canonical way to handle this? Do blocks allow me to split insert
the contents of a view into different parts of the layout? Or am I better
off turning the script into a static JS file that all pages load and adding
a simple order-agnostic javascript to define the java variables.

Many thanks,
David