Hello,

I've got a users table with a computed field:

db.define_table(
    auth.settings.table_user_name,
    [...]
    Field('calculated_field', requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY(),
          compute=lambda(r): calculate_field(r)),

And a bit of code that uses validate_and_insert() to insert a row:

        dct_new_user = {...}

        new_user = db.auth_user.validate_and_insert(**dct_new_user)

This code always fails, returning
<Row {'errors': {'calculated_field': 'Enter a value'}, 'id': None}>

Is this a bug? If not, what should I do to get around it?

Thanks!