I'm also new to web2py and I have trouble with the documentation. I'm
fairly green with python itself so maybe there are better ways to use the
documentation or look for things. Sometimes I don't know what things are
called or how to search for them. One thing I liked about developing in C++
with Qt is that I could always find a reference page for whatever class I
was using that would give very concrete information about it. Sometimes I'm
confused about what type a variable is and I often don't know how to even
find out what type it is, let alone look up that type in documentation.
I've been at it now for about 20 hours so I don't have too much time under
my belt.

I'm still able to build my web application as fast or faster than using no
framework with PHP. If I find an improvement to make the documentation I
will try to contribute.

Cheers,
Matt