Thank you Dave for your advices !

You're right, I didn't look at the "download" function, and I didn't change
it.
I've done this now : (1) I've removed the "auth" condition, and I change
the db to dbW = the database for my app
I also change the line in the view.

New version of download :
def download():
    """
    allows downloading of uploaded files
    http://..../[app]/default/download/[filename]
    """
    return response.download(request, dbW)

And for the view :
Old version
         Avec A : {{=A(ligne.Titre, _href=URL('upload',ligne.Document))}}

New version :
         Avec A : {{=A(ligne.Titre, _href=URL('download',args=ligne.Document
))}}<br>

But it doesn't work.
When i move the mouse on the field, I see at the bottom of the screen :

http://127.0.0.1:8000/wfda/default/download/TPJ.Document.bfcea4c64f58c64e.466163743138303832302e706466.pdf

I don't understand how the upload/download works :
For download, the directory is
Question :
the "default/download" come from <controller>/<first param of URL> ?
For me, with my tests, the file is always in <app>/upload.

Many thanks for the time you spend with helping developpers :-)