On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 4:58:24 PM UTC-4, runru...@gmail.com wrote:

> fun = database
> zip = table name
> inform = Field name
>    this enters data into the database but I would prefer it run only once
> at registration.
>     fun.zipdip.insert(infom=result)
>
> An interesting behavior is when I run the above I get 20 dates in the db.
>  But when I run
> --auth.settings.register_onaccept.append(fun.zipdip.insert(infom=result))--
> I end up with quite a few more, about 60, which is preferable.

auth.settings.register_onaccept must be a list of one or more *functions*,
each of which will be called upon registration, with the registration
SQLFORM object passed in as the one and only argument.

Your current code instead actually does a database insert when setting up
auth.settings.register_onaccept. So, every time the model file is executed
(presumably on every request), you will get a database insert. Also,
because the value added to the register_onaccept list is not actually a
callable, you should be getting an error upon registration.

Anthony