First of all I recommend you configure sparkpost using web2py auth.mailer
SMTP else you do not get the benefit of auth email logic.

Also, I recommend you run web2py from source, not the windows binary. I
will give you more control. If you find that running from source makes the
problem go away, please let us know.

Massimo