I am hoping someone more experienced could give me some advice on how best
to proceed with this:

I have a large table with columns C1, C2, C3, .... Cx

I have a user defined filter, e.g. select those where C1 = "active" and C2
> 2017.01.01. I have already implemented this, based on user input, i am
dynamically building my query.

Now I would like to enable users to build dynamic reports with grouping,
counting, etc, e.g.

1. User specifies C3 to be grouped on
2. User also specifies C4 to be grouped on
3. User wants to see count on those
4. User also wants, for each group and sub-group, the sum of C5

Example output would be:

C3        C4       Count     Sum_of_C5
Italy     Verona   3         145
Italy     Palermo  12        230
France    Toulon   1         2
France    Paris    102       240

(Meaning, there are 3 items from Verona, Italy, and the sum of column C5
for those 3 items is 145, etc.)

Remember all of this is dynamically user specified: what columns to group
on (C3 and C4, and what columns to sum, in this case, C5)

I am sure there are several ways of achieving this. I am hoping someone has
some idea on how to make this as easy as possible.

Thank you.