Hi Leonel

Thanks for your suggestion and I created an issue
<https://github.com/web2py/pydal/issues/485>on pyDal.
The quoting tends to work ok with DBs which default to lowercase,
unfortunately Firebird is uppercase.  As you say, it would probably be
better not to use quotes at all because it will probably cause more issues
than resolve problems.

Best regards.