On Jul 9, 11:04 pm, rb <rbspg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Web2py to serve a wxPython thick client via XMLRPC. I'm
> currently using SQLite (I like the zero db config ;-) and I have a few
> questions:
>
> 1) I have missed how to specify table constraints across several
> fields (in SQLite). For example, in a table the primary key consists
> of two fields - how do I specify that these two fields must comprise a
> UNIQUE value? In other dbs I could use executesql to just give the SQL
> commands, but SQLite (unless I'm mistaken) only allows table
> constraints within the CREATE TABLE SQL command. So can this be done
> in Web2py?

You cannot create such constraint database side from
web2py. Your options are:
1) enforce the constraint at the validators level
2) create the table outside web2py and set migrate=False

> 2) I'm confused as to which models get run when a controller is
> accessed. If I have db.py and uom.py models and I access the uom
> controller, what happens? From stepping thru the debugger I saw db.py
> get run first, then uom.py and then uom.py again (weird). I've
> simplified things down to just one (db.py) file for now, but I'm
> wondering if the infrastructure's intent is to run all model files
> upon each and every controller access. Oh, my access of the controller
> is via XMLRPC function (if that changes anything).

All of them. Alphabetically. There has been some discussion on whether
there should be exceptions to this rule. It would be easy to inplmenet
but there was no consensus on whether an improvement was necessary.