> The question to ask here is what would it take to have a drop box keep the
> previous value as default.

It was just a thought. While entering data into a timetable table I
found it inconvenient that I had to select the day time and again from
the drop box, which defaults to Monday. Same thing when I entered data
into a table that contains the opening hours of a creche facility in a
fitness and health club. In this case I would like to keep the day
(defaults to Monday) and the facility (ordered alphabetically), not
the time fields. As I said, just a thought to improve usability to the
user.

> This should be a relatively simple quesition if you are talking about a
> value last saved - boiling down to "now that I've selected / retrieved the
> last value, how do I programmatically set that as the default in the form?"

The problem is I lack the proficiency in Python to program something
like this myself. Becoming proficient in Python figures highest on my
to do list, e.g. I need validators based on key value pairs in query
results, not being able to program them myself is rather
frustrating....

> Try if form.accepts(...,keepvalues=True) does what you ask.

keepvalues=True keeps all the values, whereas I only want to keep
specific values.

Kind regards,

Annet.