Yes. It is possible but I am a little confused by your model to be able to
provide an example that works for you.

Can you please provide your model again an example of data that should
comprise the menu?

Notice what you seek is done
here: https://github.com/web2py/web2py/blob/master/gluon/tools.py#L6358 for
the wiki menu, where the menu is parsed form the wiki-menu page.

Massimo