On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 2:58:49 PM UTC-7, 黄祥 wrote:

> is there any way to put multiple database tables like grid in one place
> using web2py way?

Can you sketch some sort of mock up, so we have a clearer idea of what
you'd like?

> tried before just using 2 database tables, and use distinct on
> SQLFORM.grid but theres a lot of redundant/repeated data in the
> SQLFORM.grid search form field.
> e.g. database tables
> sale_order_header (field : sale_order_no, sale_order_date, customer)
> sale_order_detail (field : sale_order_id, product, qty, price, total_price)
> cash_in (field : sale_order_id, coa, amount) # for payment
> cash_out (field : sale_order_id, coa, amount) # for costs
>
> is my database table schema relationship is right, or should i combine it
> into 1 table?
> or should i tried to the nosql database like mongodb, so that i can put
> all into 1 collection / table, and the field is repeated of all the child
> table above ?
>
> thanks and best regards,
> stifan

Yet Another Way To Consider is using Datatables, and populating the display
via client javascript.  Since I haven't actually tried using Datatables
myself, my guess as to how hard that is based on examples others have
posted here.

/dps