John, could you try with the web2py version for testers?
The commit fixed the problem, but I think it will be included in the next
stable version.

At least that's what I did: I downloaded the "for testers" source code
version, and it worked ok:
This is the link to the download:
https://mdipierro.pythonanywhere.com/examples/static/nightly/web2py_src.zip

You can find it also in the official webpage:
http://web2py.com/init/default/download

Hope it helps.
Regards,
Lisandro.