On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 13:05, Jonathan Lundell<jlund...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2009, at 8:43 AM, Álvaro Justen [Turicas] wrote:
>
>> You can test setting HTTP header Pragma to 'no-cache' as W3C says[1]
>> or if you are suspecting that web2py is setting headers in a way you
>> don't want you could view headers (using Firefox addon Live HTTP
>> Headers, wget etc.) to make sure it's ok. An example:
>
> I've been using curl -i (include headers) or -I (headers only).
>
> Here's the static css file:
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 21:58:11 GMT
> Server: CherryPy/3.1.0beta3 WSGI Server
>

> Here's the dynamic one (a different file, though, and via Apache; the
> interesting part is the caching):
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:02:50 GMT
> Expires: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:02:50 GMT
> Pragma: no-cache
> Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-
> check=0

1- When you download dynamic file from cURL you get it correctly
(changed as you want)? It generates a ticket?
2- You can change URL of stylesheet so if your browser are doing cache
it won't work for new file. Change 'def base' do 'def testing_css' and
change call to this in layout.html.
3- The dynamic CSS is valid through W3C validator[1]?

[1] http://validator.w3.org/

--
 Álvaro Justen
 Peta5 - Telecomunicações e Software Livre