I think you can enforce that this way :

auth.settings.login_methods = [ldap_auth(...)] as the only method...

For instance I have :

auth.settings.login_methods = [auth, ldap_auth(...)]

So it check the password first in web2py then in Active Directory... I
guess by removing the auth ad an authentication method it will only allow
authentication against the ldap/AD instance.

Richard